Just a fun area to share information going in our community regarding pets, pet treat recipes, and other great information. If you have something you would like to share and add to our page please contact us we would love to add it to our page and share with our community.
Easy to make Pet Treats
Dog treats can be expensive and no doubt ingredients found in some of the treats can be questionable.
How about an easy to make treat with only two ingredients: 100% whole wheat organic flour and organic baby food. This is a great way if your pup has allergies or sensitivities to make sure they aren't getting anything they shouldn't have.
- 2 cups 100% organic whole wheat flour (or wheat germ, rolled oats, or a mixture of these, etc.)
- 2 (4oz) jars of pureed baby food - beef, blueberry, sweet potato, chicken - whatever sounds good. Just make sure there are no onions/onion powder in it. And avoid any with artificial preservatives, I stick with the organic brands.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
Form treat and place on pan (this is where I get creative, you can use cookie cutters, deign them by holiday theme, make them in to dog bogs, etc)
Bake for 20 -25 mins
**let cool completely before serving**
- Mix a jar of organic pureed baby food and baby oatmeal to make a sticky dough.
- Place dough ball on a of parchment paper or a silicone mat. Flatten with your hands as well as you can. Place a piece of grease wax paper on top and roll out dough to about 1/4 inches thick.
- Use cookie cutters to make biscuits. Have fun with the designs, use holiday cutters, make them in to dog bone biscuits, etc.
- Bake for 20- 25 minutes at 350 degrees to desired chewiness or crunchiness.